- For more than 30 years, Tour de Cure has served as the American Diabetes Association’s signature cycling and fundraising event that promotes our mission and healthy living.
- Tour de Cure holds strong support from the business community, including sponsorship and corporate teams, and engages families and individuals who are passionate about our mission and want to impact the lives of those living with diabetes.
- Tour de Cure events raise funding for research, advocacy, and education to support the mission of the ADA.
Yes. Participants riding in person are required to pay a registration fee at the time of registration. The registration fee helps cover the costs associated with event day, such as permits, safety, traffic control, recognition gifts, food, etc.
Participants riding in person are required to raise $250 ($50 for youth under 18). You will enjoy a fantastic event fully supported with SAG (Support and Gear), bike mechanic support, medical personnel, well-marked routes, stocked rest stops, an event t-shirt, a meal after your ride, extra perks, and much more!
Yes, but an appointed adult guardian must always remain with the minor (under age 18). If participating, the minor is also responsible for fundraising and is required to wear a helmet. Please use your best judgment based on your child’s skill and maturity level. Children in strollers or bike carriers need not be registered and are not required to meet any fundraising minimum.
Friends and family members are welcome and encouraged to join you at the finish line! There will be activities on-site that they may want to join as well. Remember that the lunch served is for participants and volunteers only and a fee may be required for lunch.
The more, the merrier! Teams should strive to include five or more individuals. There is no limit as to how large a team can be.
- Teams have more fun! They compete with other teams, and they can earn team tents to hang out in during the festival and much more. Many teams do extra things like team training rides, team shirts or jerseys and team fundraising.
- Company teams are a great way to create camaraderie among employees while getting healthy and creating a presence in the community.
- Successful company teams enroll employees, family, friends, associates, clients, vendors, etc. The team is for everyone connected to your company in some way. Check with your employer as to whether there are any restrictions. Also, check with your employer about whether matching gifts might be available for team participants.
All checks can be mailed to:
American Diabetes Association
ATTN: (Please add your event name here i.e. Tour de Cure: Florida)
PO Box 7023
Merrifield, VA 22116
- Print and fill out one of the receipts in this downloadable document.
- All online donors receive a receipt via email.
Class I e-Bikes are acceptable, but Class II and above are not permitted. Class I e-bikes are pedal-assist only, with no throttle, and have a maximum assisted speed of 20 mph. The ADA may not be able to provide support for an electric-assisted bicycle.
The former Tour de Cure branded app will not work with our new DonorDrive event platform. Please download the Donor Drive mobile fundraising app, which lets you track your miles with your favorite activity tracker, and use all the mobile fundraising features while on the go! You can find more information and download links here.